Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Honestly, we had guests over for dinner last night and something had to give in the prep work.  It was all I could do to have the kids dressed, toys picked up, Christmas decorations in place (b/c my kids move them at least 4 times each hour), bathroom cleaned, a quick trip to the bank, table cleared off and cleaned...and well, I didn't even put makeup on!  So, I thought I'd branch out and try this recipe that cooks in the microwave.  As a general rule I don't try new recipes on first-time guests...but they are college students.  And, well, college students will eat anything!  It was a fun recipe and allows for a lot of customization: extra chocolate chips, pecans, candy pieces, etc.

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 or 3 Tbsp sugar (I went with 3)
1 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla
Goodies to mix in...choc chips, nuts, candies, etc.

Mix in a bowl for about 2 minutes- stirring vigorously!  Pour into a mug, add any toppings, and microwave for 2 minutes.

***I sprayed Pam on some and not on some.  Didn't make a difference.
***You may need to vary the cook time based on your microwave.  If it cooks too long the cake gets rubbery.

Here is the link to view the full blog post and see more info and pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment