Saturday, January 16, 2010

Apple Dumplings

This recipe is from the Pioneer Woman herself. And, it was her mother's recipe. Do I need to say more?
These are super easy to make, they smell delicous, they look amazing, and your guests will gush with complements...with their mouths full! Get busy! Make these! Now!

Apple Dumplings

2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 8 slices each
2 cans crescent rolls
1 stick butter (the original recipe calls for 2, but 1 is all you need)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon, to taste
1 can (12oz) Mountain Dew (I use Sprite)

Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a greased 13X9 dish.
Melt butter, gradually add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Serve with ice cream, and scoop some of the sweet sauce from the pan on top.

This dessert has an amazing deep apple taste. It just might top apple pie in my book.

As the PW says: WARNING: Prepare this dish at your own risk. It is beyond imaginable.

2 comments:

  1. Kitty!! I saw this recipe on your page and knew I just had to try it!! So, it's in the oven right now. I really hope it turns out as great as yours looks! It sounds delicious, and it was so easy to put together. I cut the recipe in half since right now it's just Collin and I. I know I'll be sharing this recipe. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete