Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Banana Nut Muffins

Ok, I am totally devoted to my original banana bread recipe. But, I was needing to use some ripe bananas and needing to make mini-muffins. So, I found this one from one of my favorite chefs, Tyler Florence. It's simple and make beautiful, golden muffins. An added bonus is that your home will smell heavenly.

Banana Nut Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 overripe bananas
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Mash 2 bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture.
With an electric mixer, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together like you mean it, for about 3 minutes. (yes, the recipe actually used this line!)
Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

I made about 36 mini muffins. I also always use salted butter. Still tasted great! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment