Monday, May 11, 2009

BBQ Beef

I currently have this in my crock pot. It smells divine! I'll update the post with comments after we eat tonight!
Ok, yes! It is super good! I was a bit skeptical...but the meat was so tender and shredded easily! Perfect with cole slaw and lemonade!

BBQ Beef

3 lbs beef stew meat
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chopped green pepper
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 oz can tomato paste
sandwich buns

In slow cooker combine all ingredients except buns. Cook on low setting 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
With wire whisk stir BBQ to break up meat pieces. Serve on buns.

*To prepare in oven, place all ingredients except buns in Dutch oven or large casserole. Cover; bake at 325 degrees for 4 hours
*I didn't have onion, green peppers, or dry mustard. I sprinkled in mustard seed.
*Instead of ground beef, I used round steak (for those with meat from the farm: 1 pkg of round steak)

No comments:

Post a Comment