Thursday, March 26, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Miss Kitty Cooks! This blog is in honor of Miss Kitty and Mr. EP McDaniel. My grandparents. In our family, Grannie was famous for making delicious family sized meals. Legend has it that when they were first married and had their first guests over to eat, there were no leftovers. My PaPaw told my Grannie to always be sure there was enough food - you never knew how much your guests would really want to eat! So, there have been leftovers at our home ever since! One of my most treasured momentos from PaPaw is a Seasoned with Love cookbook from the Tangipahoa Baptist Church Women on Mission. Although I don't think I've used a recipe in it, it's the inscription that is so valuable:
"Christmas 1997
To Kitty Marie -
My prayer is that you grow to be a happy Christian lady - as you cook for your children - you will remember your Paw Paw that loves you so much.
Love,
Paw Paw"
This is the purpose of this blog. To share recipes that I enjoy cooking for my children, family, and friends. I often make alterations to recipes and welcome your suggestions as well!
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment