Thursday, November 3, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Saw this on Pinterest and have been waiting on my bananas to ripen!  And, for the record, I did just enjoy a hot slice with butter.  So good.  So, so good!

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

6 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup melted butter
1/1 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
4 cups flour
1 bag dark chocolate chips
1 cup pecans (I added these!)

Mix in order listed.  Fill two greased loaf pans 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour. (It took me about 1:10, I covered the loaves with foil the final 20 minutes to not continue browning the top.)  These can also be made as muffins - should bake for 20 minutes.  The loaves and muffins are done when a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

This recipe was from this blog: www.notwithoutsalt.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment