Thursday, October 27, 2011

Miss Norma's Stew

I didn't know Miss Norma.  She went to a church that my uncle pastored.  Now, she is with her Savior!  What I do know about Miss Norma, is that she blessed our family with the best stew recipe!  I'm not a big bean eater (at all), but I don't seem to mind them in this stew.  The flavor is rich, and gets better after cooking all day!

Miss Norma's Stew

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
Potatoes, diced (I use 2 good sized ones)
Carrots, diced (Don't always use them)
1 can corn, drained
1 can peas, drained (Don't always use them)
1 can white or green beans, drained (I usually do green, white, and kidney!)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Dash of Worchestershire sauce
2 Beef Bouillon cubes
Salt and pepper to taste

Ground beef and onion, drain.  Add to large stock pot with 4 cups water (I also add a large can of crushed tomatoes).  Add potatoes and carrots- cook until tender.  Add veggies and cook until thoroughly heated.  Add seasonings.

***I do this all at once and let it cook all day on low.  And, of course, we eat it with cornbread!

No comments:

Post a Comment