I know, it's sad how poorly I've kept up with recipes on here. So sad. But, today we're snowed in (16 inches and counting!) and I made these delicious banana fritters for my family of snow bunnies. Of course, you could use apples...but we use what we have!
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 bananas, mashed
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
* 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the milk and bananas. Sift in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Thoroughly mix in the eggs and margarine.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
3. Carefully place spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until brown. Flip the fritter and continue to brown. Remove fritters from the oil and drain on paper towels. Dust the fritters with confectioners' sugar and serve while warm.
And, now I also feel like a hero for updating this blog, with photos! Very Pioneer Woman-ish. Which, I kinda feel that way! Just measured 24 inches- or, honestly, my husband measured it!